Followers

Sunday 8 July 2012

It's Just A Lifestyle

I'm sitting here, beside a empty bowl of cookies and cream ice cream. The old me would try and justify my reasoning for choosing the mountainous bowl of deliciousness, however the real reason that I flocked to the ice cream was.....dun dun dun...that I wanted it. It was a choice. I ate it and it was delicious. No guilt. No justification. Finally, no tears. I do not feel bad about eating this bowl of ice cream. Why?

I am still trying to figure it out. Normally, I would have said "no" to dairy and felt completely horrible after I had consumed the ice cream. Why? Because dairy wasn't on my current "lifestyle".  


What lifestyle's have I been on? Well, within the last year I'm pretty sure I've been a Paleo Eater, Low Carb Eater, Low Cal Eater, Whole 30 Eater, Obsessive Exerciser and then in my downward spiral I was a Complete Sugar Eater and Couch Potato. I am completely done with this. 


What is the point of the ying-yang dieting? All of them lead to poor self-esteem because the "lifestyle" was completely impossible to keep up with. I am done. I've thrown my hands up and have decided to walk away. 

Where am I going? Somewhere that I think has completely been washed away in all of these fad diets, lifestyles or whatever you want to call them. I'm going to begin to kick it old school and follow The Canadian Food Guide. This means eating dairy and grains in proper proportions and exercising regularly.


This blog is going to be a space for me to update progress on this new take of diet and exercise, update my progress and continue to ramble on the hilarity that is my life.

Until next time, 


Malorie 


  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for your blog!! Keep the posts coming! I look forward to them!!

    ReplyDelete