Followers

Saturday 14 July 2012

Why?

Today I was all geared up to workout. Had my outfit picked out, sneakers ready to go but when that time came around I couldn't bring myself to do it. So, here I am sitting on the deck, with a nice glass of wine and my laptop as opposed to doing the workout I had planned. I have no idea why.

I could make an excuse that I'm lazy but that's not the truth. I was busting my ass today, in the high heat and humidity, carrying things for my dad and helping him cut grass. Pretty physical stuff. Then I cooled off in river by taking a dip in the deep water where I was treading and swimming for about an hour and a half. This stuff is a workout in itself, but whenever it comes down to actually "working out" I always put it off and say I'll do it later.

I'm not one to shy away from work outs either. I attended a Crossfit gym regularly for about 8 months. But ever since I moved back into my parents house (long story) I can't get going. Maybe it's because I no longer have access to a gym gym? My workouts need to be done outside. Or maybe it's because I'm stuck in a rut of obesity and can not crawl myself out of it yet.

Either way - tomorrow is a new day and this is the workout I have planned:

Five Rounds for time:
1000m Walk - Through Sand, Uphill and Downhill
40 Jumping Jacks
30 Sit Ups
20 Squats
10 Pushups

My goal is to actually get this done tomorrow. Here's to hoping!



No comments:

Post a Comment